RECOGNIZE a need for change.
DEVISE a solution. (Seek godly wisdom!)
- “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.” James 1:5
IDENTIFY what is needed to make it happen.
DETERMINE who can do it.
EVALUATE your priorities and commitments.
CORRECT yourself so you don’t have to be corrected by others!
- “Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.” Hebrews 12:11
- Are you bearing fruit that will remain?
- Prune branches—cut out dead works.
- 1 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. 5 I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.” John 15:1-8 (NKJV)
- Don’t be attached to a pet project that eats up your time with little results. (God is the “Vinedresser”!)
UNDERSTAND your strengths or weaknesses.